• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New price points on tube stuff?

Register to hide this ad
of course

Oh, yeah. I'n sure this is out of line. From what I've seen $100 is about the range for these guys. Give or take for condition and re-work, etc... But I wonder where they get that sort of starting point.

:scratch2:
 
well that

Yes, there is that assumption. It seems like he knows a little about it so I think he did a little research. He also claims to have 3 of them. Now I'm wondering what he paid.

I guess I'm amazed at the value of the old stuff and how well its holding up. I've seen it before. TOTL gets to huge money, then MOTL climbs, then things get wild and then cool off. Sometimes it dies out.

A LOT of people think asking price IS the value. NOOBs mostly.

Just thought I'd share the link. Give you a smile.
 
Last edited:
It does say "or best offer". I think that he may have put $400 on it hoping that someone would offer $200 and think they are getting a bargain on something that should go for $100.

I could be wrong though.
 
It does say "or best offer". I think that he may have put $400 on it hoping that someone would offer $200 and think they are getting a bargain on something that should go for $100.

I could be wrong though.

Nope, you're correct. The BIN is there for buyers who don't do their homework, and the "Make Offer" is there for everybody else.

The seller is thinking: "What the hey, maybe I'll get lucky!".:thmbsp:
 
Well, I just took a BIN of $50.00 on a Kenwood 880D tuner. I wanted it, I thought the price was about right, and I figured why wait for someone else to BIN it?
 
That's not to say that the BIN is always used this way, just that it was used this way in this particular instance.

Your guy probably hoped to turn the piece fast. Maybe he is cash strapped (been there).
 
Back
Top Bottom