• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Sansui fan here!

djfrankie21

New Member
Hello all,

Just bought my first Sansui gear AU-717 and came across this forum. Tons of info here so it will take a while to catch up LOL.

I'm looking to do a complete recap on the unit who do you recommend, technician, to do this work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

djfrankie21
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to the Sansui fandom! If you give us your location, we may be able to suggest someone in your geographic area/region.
 
Hello all,

Just bought my first Sansui gear AU-717 and came across this forum. Tons of info here so it will take a while to catch up LOL.

I'm looking to do a complete recap on the unit who do you recommend, technician, to do this work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

djfrankie21

Welcome to AK. I can highly recommend @Aud10file for your 717. He's a member here and located in NJ so you would have to be open to shipping it. You can PM him here on AK or contact him through his website below:

precisionaudiorestorations1.com

There is also a member here that I believe is in Florida, @Ray Gianelli. I have no direct experience so I can't vouch for him but have seen some of his restore posts here on AK. There are also a few other capable members that come to mind but I think they are even further away from you.

Good luck with what you decide, the 717 is worthy of a proper restore.
 
Welcome to AK. I can highly recommend @Aud10file for your 717. He's a member here and located in NJ so you would have to be open to shipping it. You can PM him here on AK or contact him through his website below:

precisionaudiorestorations1.com

There is also a member here that I believe is in Florida, @Ray Gianelli. I have no direct experience so I can't vouch for him but have seen some of his restore posts here on AK. There are also a few other capable members that come to mind but I think they are even further away from you.

Good luck with what you decide, the 717 is worthy of a proper restore.


Thanks so much for the info!
 
Wellcome to AK,
That s a great amp you have there, ones you hear a restored/upgraded AU717 you can't un-hear it , the sound is pure opium!!!

IMO, there is something amiss with your AU-717; there are many AK threads that praise the sound performance of a properly restored/upgraded AU717. The owner of the AU-717 in my AK restoration thread previously has told me that his restored AU-717 bettered his modified Dynaco PAS-3/ST-70 set and a brand new high-end ($2000USD) Sony TA-A1ES (https://andreweverard.com/2014/02/19/review-sony-ta-a1es-amplifier/); he sold the Dynaco set and returned the Sony. And the last time he contacted me, he let me know that he compared in his home system (restored Tannoy Arden speakers, Audio Sensibility cables and Sony HAP-Z1ES digital player) with the Sansui against the $3000 Benchmark AHB2 amplifier (https://www.stereophile.com/content/benchmark-media-systems-ahb2-power-amplifier) paired with its DAC3HGC: "the verdict is in - there is no contest - the Sansui produces a far better sound quality in every possible way"; he put the Benchmark units up for sale.
 
Welcome to AK. I can highly recommend @Aud10file for your 717. He's a member here and located in NJ so you would have to be open to shipping it. You can PM him here on AK or contact him through his website below:

precisionaudiorestorations1.com

There is also a member here that I believe is in Florida, @Ray Gianelli. I have no direct experience so I can't vouch for him but have seen some of his restore posts here on AK. There are also a few other capable members that come to mind but I think they are even further away from you.

Good luck with what you decide, the 717 is worthy of a proper restore.

I bought a 717 from Ray Gianelli that he had fully reworked, I can heartily recommend his work. The 717 performs just as it did when it was new, sounds very good.
 
I bought a 717 from Ray Gianelli that he had fully reworked, I can heartily recommend his work. The 717 performs just as it did when it was new, sounds very good.

I've contacted him already and he already replied. Definitely looking forward to using him!

Can't wait! Thanks to all.

djfrankie
 
Back
Top Bottom