• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Speakers

Yes.....I've owned the Paradigm 20s, 40s & 60s (floor standing). These are in another league. At least to my ears. Go for it. Feel sure you won't regret getting them.

Thanks. Used the HD stands under my Yamaha NS-1000s and they stood up well to those 90 pound, each, speakers. I just ordered a set of PEs medium weight stands, which should do nicely for these. The OML-1s are 8" wide and the platform on the HD stands are 9.25" wide, so would stick out. And I would probably catch myself on that edge and knock over. And I would be pissed, as the finish is so nice.

BTW - with my $50 credit and 10% off on my next purchase for running down to pick these up I've ordered the new 4-LP set, "Mothership", from Led Zepplin. I've been meaning to replace my wornout early vinyl from LZ and the early CD releases are simply horrible, so this works out great. Newly remastered and long versions of most of their great songs. Nothing like reliving your youth. Those were the days. The best part was that I didn't hurt when I got up in the morning back then. :D
 
I really like the looks.

If you like the sound that much now, I can't wait to hear your impressions after the break-in period.
 
Call them up and tell them that a friend just bought a set for the $699 and you want the same deal. My guess is that they will do so.

BTW - did I mention that they come packed triple-boxed and each speaker is in its own large velvet bag with drawstring. Nicely done.
 
Congrats Y B-2! :thmbsp:

They sure look gorgeous.:yes:
Please keep us all informed as to how they sound when hooked-up with the different amps.
That's one amazing system you've put together. :yes:
A 'coming together' of Old and New.:thmbsp:
 
Shifting over to the B-2 tonight. Will listen to on same while I build the new set of cables needed for biwiring.
 
DSCN0499.jpg

I think I saw a pair of those at the thrif store this afternoon. $35- too much for my blood so I passed. Can't remember if that was the brand or not. Either that or Yorx, so good stuff either way. Let me know if anyone wants me to snag them for you.

Think I saw an amp like that box in the back too. Might have been different though. Either McIntosh or Magnavox. Either way it's probably just as good.
 
Am guessing Fast Eddie is just trolling. For what.......he'll have to tell us.

Anyway, to finish this off. After 3+ days they really opened up on the bottom end. Both deeper and smoother. So is easy to say that these are the best 2-way monitors I've owned for sonics. As nice as the Soliloquy 5.0s were, these are quite a bit better. And nothing I've seen at any price compares to the finish.

Also, now that the nasty ole McIntosh gear is no longer connected (:D) and am listening to the B-2, they've picked up a bit of detail and lost nothing in any other area. Perhaps a bit more solidity in lower end, again. And smoother on top. Hard to believe that the state-of-the-art for tube gear has reached the point that a DC coupled solid-state amp (the B-2) is smoother and has less grain on top (essentially none) than a high-end tube unit. The magic of VFETs. :music:

One last pic with proper stands. Will have the granite laying under the rack cut to place under the stands. Also fill the column with sand.

DSCN0509.jpg
 
Glad to hear you're enjoying the speakers.:thmbsp:
It doesn't surprise me that you prefer the B-2. :no:
Like you said..the magic of v-fets.
Someday,some company will resurrect this technology.
Until then..enjoy every moment of them. :D
 
Yes.....most entertaining when not going at it so much as to be a distraction.

For anyone who might be seriously interested in these, there is a pair of the OML-1s for sale on Audiogon for $175 less than I paid. They are a very nice polished sycamore finish where mine are the polished walnut.
 
Back
Top Bottom