Hi everyone - I've got a question about styli for an Audio-Technica AT-13Ea cartridge. Lpgear.com recommends an ATN-13EaX needle for this cart. The auction site has what looks like an ATN-13EaV in "AM of Denmark" packaging for half the price which they're claiming is a genuine Audio-Technica product. Would that work as well?
The cartridge came on a tag-sale Philips 212 that I've had for a while and I assume it would benefit from a new stylus. It sounds pretty nice now (pretty great, actually) but I can hear some "crackling" distortion in vocals particularly near the end of records. Looks like it's worth keeping this cartridge so I ask your advice!
Cheers,
Eric
The cartridge came on a tag-sale Philips 212 that I've had for a while and I assume it would benefit from a new stylus. It sounds pretty nice now (pretty great, actually) but I can hear some "crackling" distortion in vocals particularly near the end of records. Looks like it's worth keeping this cartridge so I ask your advice!
Cheers,
Eric