• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New to AK...Let the fun begin!

baggyapple

New Member
Hi all, I have been following this site for awhile and finally decided to cut the malarkey and just join already! (Truth be told, I felt too much like a vouyer)

I am not new to vinyl, but I am new to quality stereo equipment. I recently purchased a Pioneer PL-750 and feel that I made a good purchase. (unless someone thinks otherwise? I hope not...) Anyhoo, I am clueless in regards to equipment other than that unless an amplifier comes equipped with the capability, I would need a preamp. That having been said , if there are recommendations on equipment (Amps, Pre-amps, Speakers etc.), please feel free to throw 'em out. I am a sponge and in need of guidance!

Sorry for rambling, but it's a pleasure joining and I look foward to speaking with everybody. Peace.
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to the fray! It's easy to get respect around here: Just scavenge an old Magnavox tube-type console stereo, salvage the power amp chassis, and then sling paint and solder until it's transformed into the amplifier of your dreams. :D

Cheers,
Mike
 
Welcome!

Here's the gear flowchart

1) Find gear (fun)
2) Research (fun)
3) Ask questions (fun)
4) Acquire (fun)
5) Repeat ad infinitum :D (fun)

Off topic, but I'm way amused that I saw binary mike when he had "1001" posts.

Congrats on your ninth post Mike!
 
Back
Top Bottom