• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New to AK. Restoring a 1940 RCA 26x4

Kevin Croak

New Member
Hello,
I am restoring a 1940 RCA 26x4 table radio. I found the site while surfing.
My main interest though is Vinyl. I have a really nice Onkyo A/V receiver that cannot handle an analog phono input. So, I am looking for some guidance. Do I build a Tube Amp with phono input or do I build a good tube phono pre-amp and then pipe it to a built Stereo Tube Amplifier or two Monoblocs. Advice is welcomed and direction to the correct forums is appreciated.

Kevin
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome! For your question, consider any not-too-expensive phono preamp to begin with. It might help to know what turntable and cartridge you are using.
 
Welcome to AK! If you run into trouble w/your radio restoration, there's a fairly active antique radio forum on our sister site www.videokarma.org. You can even use your present screen name & password when you register.
 
Back
Top Bottom