Hi all. Just joined the site and picked up a used Marantz 2220b (my first vintage receiver)! I'm a musician (guitar and bass) and always been a lover of music, but never really had anything to do with vinyl.
Recently picked up a little all in one setup used at local shop and instantly fell in love with all that vinyl offers.
Step forward two weeks and I picked up a Rega RP1 turntable and a used Pioneer (1990s) receiver and speakers. On top of that i've been buying vinyl like crazy and relaxing every night to the beautiful sounds of vinyl.
Like I said, picked up a used Marantz 2220b that's in pretty good condition but some of the lights are out, it's missing the "remote speaker" connection plate on the back, missing the volume knob, and the volume is low on the right speaker when it is in stereo mode. Any suggestions, help? I really want to get this beautiful piece of equipment up and going in my setup and get rid of this 90s receiver crap!
Also any recommendations on a great set of speakers to go with my Rega RP1 and Marantz 2220b.
Thanks guys!
Kevin
Recently picked up a little all in one setup used at local shop and instantly fell in love with all that vinyl offers.
Step forward two weeks and I picked up a Rega RP1 turntable and a used Pioneer (1990s) receiver and speakers. On top of that i've been buying vinyl like crazy and relaxing every night to the beautiful sounds of vinyl.
Like I said, picked up a used Marantz 2220b that's in pretty good condition but some of the lights are out, it's missing the "remote speaker" connection plate on the back, missing the volume knob, and the volume is low on the right speaker when it is in stereo mode. Any suggestions, help? I really want to get this beautiful piece of equipment up and going in my setup and get rid of this 90s receiver crap!
Also any recommendations on a great set of speakers to go with my Rega RP1 and Marantz 2220b.
Thanks guys!
Kevin