• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New to me 2215b - where to have it serviced?

chrisv 1918

New Member
Hi all, just started with this hobby of vintage equipment. Picked up my first marantz 2215b over the weekend. Works great but i suspect it hasn't been serviced in 30 years.

Any ideas of where to get this serviced in Massachusetts? I imagine it needs to be recapped etc.

I'm new to this and running it through some bose 301's (yeah I know) and at a high volume it sounds warpy (vinyl). And it's on all the vinyl. Speakers or receiver causing the issue?

I appreciate any help.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hmm, we know good folk in NY and NJ. Hope someone local to you pipes up.

We have a good friend in Hanson and my wife spent a few pleasant years there as a kid. Love the lobstah!
 
Can't recommend a service place but the 2215b is a very nice receiver.I find the lower powered Marantz receiver to sound better than the big one (2330B) I had.
 
Jersey Boy piping up.... Hope you saw the movie...and pay your due respect like a good fellow should.... I used to go bowling at the "Four Seasons" bowling alley before they turned it into a Costco....but Franky was many years before my time.

By the way you are showing clear signs of being "Hooked" on Marantz... You could send it on a vacation to the Jersey shore for a recap and alignment.... :)

Jk
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom