• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New to me NAD

viennadad

Active Member
Yard saleing this morning turned up a NAD 2200PE with a tag of 5 bucks on it. All I was able to do was verify it powered on. But for $5, what was the harm? Got it home and hooked it up using a Carver receiver with bridgeable outs I had as a pre amp. It sounds great. Gets extremely loud driving a pair of KEF 104/2's.
Cosmetically it is a little challenged. Missing 2 feet, the power switch button is missing, and the case is dinged up somewhat. But again, it was 5 bucks, and I won't be entering any beauty shows with it. My basic questions are what parts are available and where, and is there any preventive maintenance I should do? Is there any pre amp that matches up to it? This is my first foray into separates. So far I am impressed.
 
Register to hide this ad
One if the NAD 1020 variants work nicely with the 2200PE. The 2200pe has a history of output relay issues, cleaning them usually works, just an FYI in case one day the output gets a bit noisy or goes away altogether.
 
Definitely worth recapping it, and using some film caps in the key locations. There are replacement speaker relays out there, I just don't have the part number to hand right now.

Lee.
 
I love these amp's...I have been using a pair of them (running them mono) for years. I have not had one issue with either of these, and they just sound fantastic.
 
my rebuilt one cost 40 x what yours did ....
i have aquired a bunch of nad gear .... missing button caps seems to plague nad
 
Back
Top Bottom