• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New to the digs, howdy y’all.

ernieS

Well-Known Member
Happy to be here. Been an audio nut for 40 years. My first real speaker was a pair of JBL L-20t powered by Hafler XL-280 amp.

As of late, I’ve stumbled on a very interesting company’s products. In fact, I’ve found home. I’ve never heard a finer set (“set” meaning that I’ve had 20 or so up to now.

I freakin love RBH! I’ve got their SX-T2/R pair with three SX-661/R to round it out. The system is powered by a Lexicon preamp with Crown XLS/RBH amplification. It’s beyond a dream system for me. I built it from parts I bought at the vendors garage sale they are running right now

In the master bedroom, a 5.2 based on SV bookshelves with two twin 10” subs. It’s powered by a Pioneer VSX-59TXI and RBH sa-200 sub amp. I also built the speakers from parts. What RBH calls “B” stock is silly. I can’t find any fault or blemishes.

I spent about 1/8th what these would have cost had I bought them off the showroom floor. The flagship receivers were purchased using great patience and sheer luck,and for so little, I may be wanted in three states.

I am blessed beyond my ability to comprehend.
 

Attachments

  • 09F37569-6586-4713-B1F4-A49B0E96727F.jpeg
    09F37569-6586-4713-B1F4-A49B0E96727F.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 104
  • 2EA8B497-CE90-4305-86DE-3A698C3293EE.jpeg
    2EA8B497-CE90-4305-86DE-3A698C3293EE.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 95
  • DC55BD48-A924-4E27-878F-E48DC7ECCBD1.jpeg
    DC55BD48-A924-4E27-878F-E48DC7ECCBD1.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 97
  • B1945974-7AB4-4493-BF07-6D79EF89824D.jpeg
    B1945974-7AB4-4493-BF07-6D79EF89824D.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 268DA4ED-8B0B-492F-9ED4-C8AECDF6A8BA.jpeg
    268DA4ED-8B0B-492F-9ED4-C8AECDF6A8BA.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 89
  • FDB4C3D5-4589-492A-AC7F-F59EDC81A7D9.jpeg
    FDB4C3D5-4589-492A-AC7F-F59EDC81A7D9.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 88
  • BE913982-56E3-43C3-96A5-6EA8329A3B73.jpeg
    BE913982-56E3-43C3-96A5-6EA8329A3B73.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 92
Register to hide this ad
I know the feeling ernieS. Welcome to AK. Nice room nice system fella. Couldn't be more proud for you to have that. It damn sure looks like it sounds fabulous.

Garry.
 
Sweet! I hear nothing but good things about RBH. Guy had a full set locally, probably should have got them.
 
Sweet! I hear nothing but good things about RBH. Guy had a full set locally, probably should have got them.
I’ve been playing in audio for 40 years, and I’ve never heard such a perfectly voiced speaker. I’ve collected some15 pair so far from them. I have been shopping at a big garage sale they are putting on locally. I’ve bought gobs of components for cheap and made some very cool models.

I just finished building a pair of bookshelves that may be the most revealing thing I’ve ever heard in my life. The woofer is a Beryllium cone with phase plug. The tweeter is an AMT style. This woofer is used in the Uber expensive speaker they make out of granite. It’s mind altering

King Crimson never sounded so good.
 

Attachments

  • 2DB65D16-2A0F-4E60-8E08-549FDE113B25.jpeg
    2DB65D16-2A0F-4E60-8E08-549FDE113B25.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 59FC4101-BEF8-46C7-8C83-E6B5D80CCD76.jpeg
    59FC4101-BEF8-46C7-8C83-E6B5D80CCD76.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 26
  • AE7C17BC-492C-4BEA-999A-BE48E8143458.jpeg
    AE7C17BC-492C-4BEA-999A-BE48E8143458.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 17F8FA87-ACCC-4C51-81C3-4BBF082F0992.jpeg
    17F8FA87-ACCC-4C51-81C3-4BBF082F0992.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I’ve been playing in audio for 40 years, and I’ve never heard such a perfectly voiced speaker. I’ve collected some15 pair so far from them. I have been shopping at a big garage sale they are putting on locally. I’ve bought gobs of components for cheap and made some very cool models.

I just finished building a pair of bookshelves that may be the most revealing thing I’ve ever heard in my life. The woofer is a Beryllium cone with phase plug. The tweeter is an AMT style. This woofer is used in the Uber expensive speaker they make out of granite. It’s mind altering

King Crimson never sounded so good.
Not an aluminum cone? I thought RBH’s thing was perfecting aluminum cones. Nonetheless, a beautiful speaker.
 
Not an aluminum cone? I thought RBH’s thing was perfecting aluminum cones. Nonetheless, a beautiful speaker.

Their high end brand where you can by the exotics use this special driver. It’s stiffer that aluminum and much more expensive. But with the garage sale, they have them available for far less cash.
 
Back
Top Bottom