• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Toyota sports car!

Register to hide this ad
No. The MR2 was a sport car.
This is a sport coupe. They are even calling it a Celica.
Not that that is a bad thing. I loved the Celicas. Esp the ones that looked like a Mustang.....Early 70s?
 
+1 for the Subaru. Their engine will lower the center of gravity so if nothing else changes provided the suspension is tuned on the Sub to accouint for the different engine it should be the better road car based on past Sub history. Looks wise, I guess it design ain't my cup of tea. Look too much like a typical Japanese cookie cutter design. I'd like someone do a retro Opel GT or SAAB III.
 
200 hp, RWD, 6 speed gearbox, and well under 3,000lbs. Sounds like a sports car to me.

Sounds great! But, Toyota will find a way to make it bland, boring and beige. Just look at Subaru now, since Toyota bought in majority share, they've become kind of boring cars when compared to previous offerings.

:tongue:

In other Japanese sports car news, has anyone heard that Mazda has halted development on rotary engines? I hope they aren't going to drop it altogether, because that would pain me to see happen.
 
Oh, I don't know about that?
My son has trophy's and prize money from Florida-to-Ohio with his 'bland-n'-boring', 9 second 1/4 mile '95 Toyota Supra.

Steve
 
Nice RX-8 bro! :lmao: That thing won't be able to get out of its own way if it's above 2500 lbs.
 
sharp looking ride, bet its quick as can be, too

Nice to see a thread about a car not made in Detroit without the usual flag waving, knuckle dragging, and ethnic slurs about rice (yet), too
 
sharp looking ride, bet its quick as can be, too

Nice to see a thread about a car not made in Detroit without the usual flag waving, knuckle dragging, and ethnic slurs about rice (yet), too

Toyota is the most American car brand on the planet. :yes:

Oh, I don't know about that?
My son has trophy's and prize money from Florida-to-Ohio with his 'bland-n'-boring', 9 second 1/4 mile '95 Toyota Supra.

Steve

I was referring jokingly more to the current state of Toyota. There's no denying that Toyota made (and can make) many great cars. Plus if you really wanted to argue against me, you could also have brought up the Lexus LFA.
 
Toyota has a rich racing heritage internationally and as well as here in the USA, but they have squandered almost all of their American racing budget in NASCAR in recent years. What a waste.
 
I like it... Definitely my guess is that it's a new era Celica/Supra, and it's designed to compete with the 370Z. I bet if it comes out in the USA as a Toyota or Scion, it will have a small econo-motor, and in order to get the hot motor, you'll find it as a Lexus.

Charles
 
I like it... Definitely my guess is that it's a new era Celica/Supra, and it's designed to compete with the 370Z. I bet if it comes out in the USA as a Toyota or Scion, it will have a small econo-motor, and in order to get the hot motor, you'll find it as a Lexus.

Charles

Scion FR-S (Front engined, Rear Wheel Driver Sport)
Subaru BRZ (Boxer Engine, Rear Wheel Drive, Zenith)
Toyota FT86 (Throwback to Corolla-Levin "AE86")

I guarantee the platform will be under a Lexus though, just a different body.
 
Back
Top Bottom