• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New TT Platform--Timbernation

Mellotronix

Super Member
I ordered a couple of these just over two weeks ago. They arrived Monday--pretty quick since I believe that they make them to order. Two-inch solid maple gear platforms, 15" x 18". $110 each. Very nice. Timbernation.com

I used Isolate It Sorbothane discs between the platform and shelves.

Just what the doctor ordered for my VPI Prime Scout.

rig2.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Looks nice but does it make your system sound better? If so, what improvements did you notice?

Honestly, I don't hear any difference, but I need to readjust my azimuth and I'll get back to you. I bumped the counterweight moving the deck, so it's been temporarily adjusted by sight.

The main difference that I'm hoping for is a bit more stability when the dryer is running in the adjacent laundry room and a bit more isolation from the nearby subwoofer. I'll let you know.
 
Honestly, I don't hear any difference, but I need to readjust my azimuth and I'll get back to you. I bumped the counterweight moving the deck, so it's been temporarily adjusted by sight.

The main difference that I'm hoping for is a bit more stability when the dryer is running in the adjacent laundry room and a bit more isolation from the nearby subwoofer. I'll let you know.
Might be beneficial to put your dryer on those cork and foam isolation pads. Keep it from vibrating the floor as much.
 
Might be beneficial to put your dryer on those cork and foam isolation pads. Keep it from vibrating the floor as much.
Great idea! Thanks. We only do laundry on Saturday mornings (only two of us empty nesters) so I haven't made too much of a fuss, but I always plan my studio work and vinyl time around the laundry.
 
Back
Top Bottom