• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"New" Tube Amps by Bob Carver !

Register to hide this ad
Bob has sold several pairs of these on eBay recently. All have gone for around 5k. If I had that kind of room in my budget, I would have a pair in my living room!!!
 
hhhhmm.. VERY cool.. reading the questions, someone mentions Bogen KO100 amps, and seperate trannys for the screen voltage, Then Bob saying he wished he knew who designed them because the person got it right... Reading all of this, I sure can't wait to get mine up and running!
 
Last edited:
I have a pair of these.
They are fine amps but Bob is waning. There are a couple of AKers here that have used his repair shop in snohomish and have come away less than pleased. And...after meeting him, Im suspect as to exactly who made these amps.

Most of the assembly componant parts in these amps are dimestore stuff and the front end tubes are used tubes. I replaced mine already with NOS Telefunkens.
The juice is the unusual circuit.
Im thinking about replacing many of the parts with a quality of components fitting amps of this magnitude. For what they are, Id like to see a power meter and some quality caps inside instead of the Chinese caps he's used. I could go on......

They are everything he says they are, and they arent. Even though Im quite happy with mine the component quality is lacking and they have a definate generic look to them. Homemade-ish

I got the 5th set and met him near the old Sunfire building for lunch to pick them up. He lives here in the Seattle Area, Snohomish, Washington. At that time he told me that 6 pairs were the limit because he had no more transformers. The set up for auction right now is the 7th set so I guess that wasnt true.
He says the transformers are rare vintage pieces he's picked up and stored over the years. He is a audio horder and has a warehouse full of stuff.

He sold a mint Citation 1 with the last pair as incentive for the price to go up but compared to what I paid, he only got $400 for the citation.
I wish he'd have offered that when I got mine. As I remember, he said he had a horde of them, over 10 was the "number".
Anyway... I'll be watching this auction close.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom