• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Newark Milticomp Pro Transistor question

Vince1966

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I’m looking for a dozen some MJ15003g’s for my amp and all the usual sources are out. Came across Newark listing for some at around $3 each and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I would like to get this amp running before July if possible if these are any good. Thanks in advance For any input.
 
Register to hide this ad
Based on Newark's age, size, and reputation (see Wikipedia) I would say Newark is your best bet especially since you don't find these transistors available from your usual sources. Newark lists them at $3.90, pretty inexpensive these days for a hard-to-find component; I see Mouser and Digikey has them for a little less than twice that price; but yes, these are also well known "go-to" parts suppliers with excellent reputations. IDK if one brand/manufacturer is any better than another; you just don't want to stress them in a circuit or like any semiconductor heat with shorten their lifespan.
Whatever you come up with, good luck with the amp!
 
I have never used them.
I looked at the multicomp data sheet, some obvious errors, so it makes one wonder. They do not even say if it’s npn or pnp :dunno::idea:
High DC Current Gain - hFE = 1000 (Min.) @ lc=25A DC hFE = 400 (Min) @ lc= 50 Adc

MJ15003 is not a Darlington!

Another option is mj21194 or 21196, those I have used
 
Back
Top Bottom