• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Newbe with receiver question/problem

LotusFool

Well-Known Member
I have a newly aquirred MR77 and I am getting some distortion on local stations. I am also learning to use a new roof antenna W/rotator. Last night I adjusted the antenna until the multi path indicator was more stable and this seemed to eliminate the distortion, but at some small cost to the signal strength. So my question is; when adjusting the antenna, what's more important? Multi path or signal strenght?

-Gary
 
Register to hide this ad
Multipath elimination. Signal strength will be higher when two signals are present as in heavy multipath situations. You will have the primary and secondary reflected signal combined which gives a higher signal strength reading and very high distortion too!

thanks,
Ron-C
 
Back
Top Bottom