• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Newbie from Florida!!

Frankieg021

New Member
Hello everybody! My name is Frank and I live in Florida. Brand new to the site and I need some help. I have a Kenwood rack system that I probably bought between 1989 and 1992. Up until last week, the system still kicked ass! Now, it seems my amp (KM-209) is having issues. It will play for a bit (when it turns on at all) then I hear a "click" and I lose sound. I'd really love to fix this if possible even though my wife hates the tower speakers HAHA! I just don't feel like todays surround systems will provide me the house shaking sound this system does. Maybe I get a new amp? looking for some advice. If it's a component I can pop out and replace, I could try that but I'm not techie enough to solder circuits and stuff like that. I'd appreciate any advice!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello everybody! My name is Frank and I live in Florida. Brand new to the site and I need some help. I have a Kenwood rack system that I probably bought between 1989 and 1992. Up until last week, the system still kicked ass! Now, it seems my amp (KM-209) is having issues. It will play for a bit (when it turns on at all) then I hear a "click" and I lose sound. I'd really love to fix this if possible even though my wife hates the tower speakers HAHA! I just don't feel like todays surround systems will provide me the house shaking sound this system does. Maybe I get a new amp? looking for some advice. If it's a component I can pop out and replace, I could try that but I'm not techie enough to solder circuits and stuff like that. I'd appreciate any advice!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

welcome to the horde Frank

Sounds like the output relays are kicking out to protect the speakers, It's been in service quite a long time, you've definitely gotten your money's worth, time to give the old girl some TLC.
 
welcome to the horde Frank

Sounds like the output relays are kicking out to protect the speakers, It's been in service quite a long time, you've definitely gotten your money's worth, time to give the old girl some TLC.

Thanks Grenadeslio! She's definitely served me well! Unfortunately, just as I got a new sectional for my listening are, she tanks! Are the relays something simple enough? Unplug and plug new?
 
Back
Top Bottom