• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Newbie question: Marantz SR 4021 or Onkyo AV HT-R500

Which of these two receivers is best?

  • Marantz SR 4021

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Onkyo AV HT-R500

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

thesoopadude

New Member
Hello audiophiles,

Question from a newbie here.
I am looking to keep only one of my two receivers.
I own the Marantz receiver SR 4021 and the Onkyo AV Receiver HT-R500.
I am currently using the Marantz with my Audio-Technica LP-120 turntable and a pair of Boston CR77 speakers.
Do you think I have the right set-up and can get rid of the Onkyo?
I am also looking to buy a TV that I hope to use with the same set up that I have for the turntable.
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks for your help.
 
Register to hide this ad
If you don't need surround sound, keep the Marantz. Onkyo's HT-R series is their entry-level stuff. If you think you might want surround sound in the future, put the Onkyo in a closet until you do. It has very little monetary value so you won't be missing out on much by not selling it.
 
Back
Top Bottom