• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Newer Non-Concentric Tannoy score!!

davestradamu

Swimming in Sound
Well... maybe not a score...

Long story short I needed a quick fix for my new tube interests. I had the amps, but no speakers. My 88db paradigms just couldnt hang. A local stage sound had a few sets of Tannoy Fusion series speakers, the best of which is 91db. I took my tube amp in and gave them a listen. Lo and behold, they are wonderful!!

And I paid $100 less than the MSRP on a single, for the PAIR!!

:banana:

Any fans of newer Tannoy here?

pics when I get home!
 
Register to hide this ad
F4, by chance? Floor standing speaker with dual 5" (or so) woofers?

If so, yeah, those are really good for the money. I will still usually recommend people spend up for the Tannoy DC models, but those do really sound good.

Even the smaller ones (F2 and F1) sound remarkably balanced. Very easy to listen, to them.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
photoumf.jpg



They are indeed F4. They had been sitting in the boxes at a local store for a few years and have since been discontinued. $250 for the pair seemed a great price since they let me audition them with my amp and preamp! I weigh in just over the minimum 10w specs...

They sound quite nice with a 12w el84 amp, Maverick Audio TubeMagic DAC, Yaqin MS-12b tube phono and Technics 1200 with Grado Blue and also lossless audio!

The current amplifier will be flanked by 2 20w tube monoblocks when they are finished and off my kitchen table.

I am a happy boy!

:D:D:D
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom