• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Newest" Advent Towers

Pavementfan

Active Member
There are a pair of Advent Jade towers local and I can't find ANYTHING on them. I have 4 pairs of advents 2 large (4002 & the new" , baby II, and my main heritage towers. I know the later were jensen speakers and the Jade are made by the 3rd owners of advent. They look more like a Snell design with the 2 way design in the large enclosure.

Anyone have experience with the last of the advents?
 
Register to hide this ad
They are a very similar design to traditional Advents. No relation to Snell. These were made while Advent was owned by Audiovox in the late 90s.

The tweeters on these speakers have a faceplate with an integrated bass port. And the tweeters are an adaptation of the Legacy-age polyamide tweeter, but with a translucent film diaphragm. They tweeters are VERY good. They have a low Fs and the ones I tested performed admirably to about 1800Hz without distortion. The woofer is a pretty basic 8" that does the job.

If you get them and spend some time shoring up the cabinets to deaden them, you may be very happy with them for a long time.
 
Last edited:
The bass port is what is throwing me on advents?! I know it has nothing to do with Snell's, but the shape and 2 way remind me of my type E Snell's slightly. The tweeters are what keeps bringing me back to the listing.

They would not out preform my heritage towers world they?
 
Back
Top Bottom