• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Newly Picked Up Fisher 250-T

Fltacoma

New Member
Hello everyone, I just posted in the introduction section not too long ago. I picked up a Fisher 250-T at an estate sale yesterday. When I looked at the back, I noticed that the left output fuse was removed, along with the cap and screw on the inside as well. When I disassembled it earlier tonight, I noticed that two wires inside were cut and heat shrinked as well. I am not quite sure what the previous owner was trying to accomplish? I am still learning how to read schematics, but noticed that the two wires that were cut were leading down the same hole as the transformer wires were? What were the prior owners trying to accomplish?
 
Register to hide this ad
Take some pictures of the area and post them. I can open up my 250-T when I go down to the house later this week (probably Tuesday or Wednesday.) and compare your pictures to my unit. We're better at diagnostics when pictures are involved rather than a somewhat vague description.
 
Those fuse holders are easily broken - hopefully they were just trying to replace a busted fuse housing.
 
Last edited:
But you can go to Parts express and get new fuse housings and fit them on to the chassis and wire it up as original easily, IF that's where the wires go.
 
Here are the pics
 

Attachments

  • 20181022_174455.jpg
    20181022_174455.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 27
  • 20181022_174334.jpg
    20181022_174334.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20181022_173050.jpg
    20181022_173050.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 27
Right now I'm flat on my back with a knee injury (dog jerked me sideways and my knee gave out). Looks like they might have disconnected the fuse leads and soldered them together to bypass. Get some new Fuse holders, install and I'll compare your pics with my 250-T or 400-T parts chassis by this weekend.

EDIT!!!! I just looked at my 400-T and 250-T. Both only have the one fuse outside for the Mains. COMPARE the Serial # of your 250-T with the Manual. If it's higher than 87xxx or so it's a 250-TX. Also check the 250-TX manual. Both are available on www.hifiengine.com. Registration is mandatory but free.

Larry
 
Last edited:
The spkr (OUTPUT FUSES) are BETWEEN the Amp outputs and the SPKR Switches. You'll have to do some wire tracing from the output of the amp board to the fuses and or from the spkr switches to the fuses. Bets are the previous owner bypassed the fuses as was done on the 250-TX (No fuses mounted). I would return them to NORMAL 250-T operation. Below are sections of the pertinant areas of the schematic fro the 250-T 1st and then the 250-TX

250-T NOTE F-2 & F3 right off the board OUTPUTS.
250-T Amp to spkr switch.jpg

250-TX BOARD SCHEMATIC
Note lack of Fuses
250-TX Amp to Spkr Scat.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom