• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NHT's or Epos epic 2???

Fedfan

New Member
Greetz!!

This is my first post here on AK. :thmbsp: I have a pair of NHT Super Zeros and was thinking of getting the NHT Super 8 sub to match with them. I noticed that the Epos epic 2 is on sale for around the same price. Woud these be much better than the NHT's? Just curious if anyone has listened to both or has any thoughts.

Thanks!
D.
 
Register to hide this ad
Don't know, I do know my uncle has the Classic Four floor standers and they sound really good.
 
Hard to say. I'd say it depends on exactly what you want to get out of your system.

Back in the mid 90s to 2000 or so, I'd have leaned towards the Super Zeros and the sub. In fact, I almost did just that but ended up getting a nice deal on a demo pair of 2.5is.

Today, for my current preferences, for a system used primarily for music with a dash of home theater use, I'd probably go for the Epics.

I honestly don't think you can go too wrong with either option.

Welcome to AK!
 
Thanks for the responses, guys! Yeah, I think the thing that made me think about the Epics is the sensitivity. With the NHT's, I feel that they need a good bit of power, and the amp selection is more limited. With the Epics maybe I could get like a Linn Majik 30w or something. But I like that the Zeros have good detail and seem to image pretty well. I suppose I was wondering if you give up anything in detail going from a sealed box to a rear port on the Epics. Or maybe the Epics walk all over the Zeros, haha. I'm coming from the headphone (Grado) world into hi fi :)
 
If you're buying from Music Direct, they have a 30 day return policy if you don't like what you're hearing. The longer you keep them the more likely you are to not return them though.
 
Back
Top Bottom