• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nice trade up program!

chuckworkb

Super Member
I took advantage of a similar program several years back. I just got this email from McIntosh.


Want more power? Or inputs that support digital music? Then act now to take advantage of our TradeUP Program.


As a testament to the durability and value of McIntosh, for a limited time you can trade in select McIntosh products manufactured as far back as the 1970s towards the purchase of new models.

Have you been wanting to upgrade your McIntosh units but were unsure what to do with your existing products? With our TradeUP Program, there is an easy way for you to upgrade to a current model without having to pay full price - or having to deal with the hassle of selling your existing McIntosh products. Simply trade in your qualified mono or stereo amplifier, preamplifier, integrated amplifier or receiver and get up to 75%* of the MSRP you paid for it towards the purchase of a qualified new mono or stereo amplifier, preamplifier, integrated amplifier or receiver. Visit www.mcintoshlabs.com/TradeUP to learn more and then contact your dealer today to take advantage of this amazing offer!

*Restrictions apply. Units must be in acceptable working and physical condition with no more than ordinary wear and tear. Units modified from their original design do not qualify. Offer expires 6/30/16. Valid only at participating US and Canadian authorized dealers. See your participating dealer for details.
 
Register to hide this ad
I took advantage of a similar program several years back. I just got this email from McIntosh.


Want more power? Or inputs that support digital music? Then act now to take advantage of our TradeUP Program.


As a testament to the durability and value of McIntosh, for a limited time you can trade in select McIntosh products manufactured as far back as the 1970s towards the purchase of new models.

Have you been wanting to upgrade your McIntosh units but were unsure what to do with your existing products? With our TradeUP Program, there is an easy way for you to upgrade to a current model without having to pay full price - or having to deal with the hassle of selling your existing McIntosh products. Simply trade in your qualified mono or stereo amplifier, preamplifier, integrated amplifier or receiver and get up to 75%* of the MSRP you paid for it towards the purchase of a qualified new mono or stereo amplifier, preamplifier, integrated amplifier or receiver. Visit www.mcintoshlabs.com/TradeUP to learn more and then contact your dealer today to take advantage of this amazing offer!

*Restrictions apply. Units must be in acceptable working and physical condition with no more than ordinary wear and tear. Units modified from their original design do not qualify. Offer expires 6/30/16. Valid only at participating US and Canadian authorized dealers. See your participating dealer for details.
*Restrictions apply. Units must be in acceptable working and physical condition with no more than ordinary wear and tear. Units modified from their original design do not qualify. Offer expires 6/30/16. Valid only at participating US and Canadian authorized dealers. See your participating dealer for details.

Oh well....So much of my Recapped C32, 1900 and 4100......
 
Yes I received the email as well. I wonder if my MC352 would be disqualified since I added the LED kit from Audio Classics?
 
This promo has been around for awhile, if you do the math its not that great of a deal. On many of the units, you'll do better on the open market.
 
"get up to 75%* of the MSRP you paid"
So the MC2205, MSRP $1649.00, you will get $1236.00 which is a good trade in. Not to worry about shipping damage to the buyer
 
Crap, I guess I shouldn't have sold my MX130 last month. I wonder if they would have given me 75% of the original retail price of $4800?
 
If you don't want to bother with buyers, and the pain of trying to sell a unit I think this would be a pretty good way to move to some new gear. I reached out today to get an idea of trade up and cost on an MC275VI. It didn't sound too bad. Now I just have to figure out where the money would come from, and if that works figure out how to tell my wife. :)
 
I trade up my C2200 to a C2500 2 years ago and that was a sweet deal. I am still happy :)
 
Boy, I sure with this offer was extended to home theater processors and multi-channel amps!!!!

You need to start a new fan club insisting that "to protect the original artist's artistic intent" you can only listen to a classic movie in it's original surround sound format, thus creating a wave of collecting of old theater units.

Since the dealer takes the unit in trade they will need to sell the traded in unit.
 
Ha ha c_dk! Yes, of course I realized that and with the instantaneous obsolescence of McIntosh's home theater gear, it'll never happen.
 
Obsolete but not forgotten in my mere 40 years in the business:
elcassette
8track
Beta video
VHS video
LaserDisc
RtoR
records
tube amps

Records and turntables are driving an interesting resurgence in two channel audio and tube amps have gone from a hoarder, save them from the scrap yard mindset to re release products and now dozens of manufacturers and many new products.

You may have a calling here, a guy who makes his living writing hexadecimal digital is given the chance to save us all from digititus. Maybe analog theater sound rules!
 
What does McIntosh do with the units that are traded in?

The dealer decides how much the equipment is worth to him and if agreement between the customer and dealer is reached, he becomes the owner of the gear traded in, not McIntosh.

You can also sell equipment to the dealer outright without purchasing anything as well. Plenty of dealers who buy vintage Mc. The only question is...how much?
 
Back
Top Bottom