• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

nitty gritty 1.0 scrub time?

head.banger

Active Member
Nitty Gritty 1.0. how long do you have to scrub the record, any suggestions? i did a 4 or 5 rotation scrub on a couple old records and wow. Is that all that is necessary. Want to make sure before I do all the records and replace sleeves.

Thanks,
Dan
 
Register to hide this ad
I tend to use a lot of fluid; perhaps 4 lines perpendicular from the center of the record. I probably go around the record twice and then once more with a carbon fiber brush. Other side as well and then vacuum.
 
I go about three revolutions and use one line of fluid. I soak the bottom brush and let it clean the other side. I always replace paper sleeves.
 
I use one line of fluid and do about seven back and forths on overlapping halves of the record. Then I flip over and vacuum it up, repeat the process on Side 2, then I do it all over again with a rinse cycle using water. :thmbsp:
 
4 to 5 rotations seems right. and i always scrub using little back-and-forth strokes, never long sweeps.
 
Back
Top Bottom