• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NLA vs Advent 1 enclosure

nbriles2000

Active Member
So I'm thinking of rebuilding my Advent 1 cabinets for an ewave and I have heard the NLA have the same drivers.

Would it make sense to increase the cabinet size to be that of the NLA? The Advent 1is typically in a 1.068 sqft enclosure.
Did the new large advents have a better bass response than the smaller ones?
 
Register to hide this ad
Yes, the cabinet size is the determining factor in bass response in this case. Both systems have the same drivers and the Advent/1 sacrifices the lowest octave in trade for the smaller enclosure.

Doug
 
Yes, the cabinet size is the determining factor in bass response in this case. Both systems have the same drivers and the Advent/1 sacrifices the lowest octave in trade for the smaller enclosure.

Doug
I just may have to explore this option. I have an early and late pair, the latter having the nice real wood finish. The prior aren't in the best shape, so moving those into a larger cabinet sounds like a good option.

Are the tweeters also the same? What about the network?
 
I think the capacitor is the same for both...13uf ? I think everything is the same except the cabinet size.
 
OK so if I can dig a little deeper with a larger cabinet I'll definitely do that.

I'm not so much interested in the crossover network because these are getting ewave treatment.

What is the internal volume of the NLA?
 
Back
Top Bottom