• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

No FM radio sound

Ulli Sim

New Member
Hi

I finally hooked up a surround sound 5:1 to an FM/AM receiver, amplifier, speakers including subwoofer and TV.

When I turned on the AM radio on the tuner it's working fine with sounds coming off the speakers, however, as I turned on the FM radio, I see that the stereo indicator is not on but the signal strength indicator on the FM monitor moved up with good signal strength. The problem is no sound coming off the speakers. This is a vintage Yamaha Stereo CT 1010. Can someone help?)
 
Register to hide this ad
It's possible there is a bad transistor or other part on the FM board that is not allowing signal to be output to the preamp, even though the signal strength is there as shown by the meter. I can't think of anything with respect to control settings etc. on a typical tuner that would cause these symptoms, it sounds like it's in need of repair.

The CT-1010 appears to be a fine tuner!
 
How is your FM muting switch set, and have you tried the other setting?

You said the signal strength meter is moving. How about the tuning meter? Does it move to dead center when a station is tuned, then go back when between stations? (I understand you can't hear anything, so you're guessing that you're on a station based on the signal meter and where you know stations would be).
 
Another vote for checking your muting switch. Some of these receivers can be pretty aggressive there.

And ya ... signal strength can bite your reception even with the muting off. I wouldn't depend on a standard "T" antenna anywhere outside a metro area.
 
How is your FM muting switch set, and have you tried the other setting?

You said the signal strength meter is moving. How about the tuning meter? Does it move to dead center when a station is tuned, then go back when between stations? (I understand you can't hear anything, so you're guessing that you're on a station based on the signal meter and where you know stations would be).
 
Hi
Ok thanks to toxcrusadr and sKiZo the FM muting was all the way to the top once it was moved to the bottom, I got the sounds back.

Thanks to all
 
Back
Top Bottom