• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

No Sound from NAD 7240PE

but not good at R312 (-19 and 60mv).
Sorry, I missed that point, means high current through R312, caused by opamp short. Need to
replace the opamp IC301 (NJM2043)

Another possibility is C312 (100uf/25V) is leaking. Suggest replace that first. Also check
for dry solder joints at R312, IC301 pin 4. Might be lucky it's just the cap...
 
Thanks, I replaced c312 and the other caps in the circuit with no luck. I’ll check the solder and l ordered a NJM2043. Will try that next.
 
To be honest, I'm not real happy that one side of R312 is in spec (-19V) but the other side is almost zero (60mV) (negative?)
If there was such a current drain then would expect the supply voltage to be down a little, reason for looking at solder joints.
If the IC at fault then would expect it to be warm to touch (after power off/unplug) or temp sensor better still. Certainly put in
a DIP(?) socket for future changes if needed.
 
Reflowed the IC with no effect. It is -60mv on the other side. I think I'll pull Q502 and check that to confirm the power supply is good.
 
replaced the opamp with no change. Also pulled and replaced Q502 with no change. Any one have any other ideas where the drain is? Seems like it must be a short somewhere.
 
So after some analysis, I decided to pull the caps in the 20v power supply for the opamp, C515, C516, C517, and C518. Turns out all of these 47uf/25v caps were in bad shape. Replaced with some 47uf/35v and everything works. A solid -19v/-14.5v on R312 and both channels working after some serious deoxiting of the volume pot!! Thanks for the help folks.
 
Back
Top Bottom