Tala Mink
Active Member
I recently made a post about a model 26 that blew fuses, and found that the filter cap was shorted, I decided to do a full recap due to the age of the capacitors (60's grey elna) and now the thing powers up just fine.
Now that it works there is another problem, no sound in the right channel.
I have double checked that cap polarity is correct, there are no cold solder joints, all pots were cleaned then sprayed with deoxit, and that all pre amp transistors were good. but still no sound on the right channel.
I'm pretty sure that the power amp works fine because if I switch from aux to phono with my aux source still playing I get bleedthrough in both channels at an equal level.
So my question is what could cause the right channel to be dead, if its a bad selector switch or pot how do I test it?
Now that it works there is another problem, no sound in the right channel.
I have double checked that cap polarity is correct, there are no cold solder joints, all pots were cleaned then sprayed with deoxit, and that all pre amp transistors were good. but still no sound on the right channel.
I'm pretty sure that the power amp works fine because if I switch from aux to phono with my aux source still playing I get bleedthrough in both channels at an equal level.
So my question is what could cause the right channel to be dead, if its a bad selector switch or pot how do I test it?
