• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

No Stereo Indication on Model 105 tuner

goldswimmerb

Failed out of engineering, but look at me now!
Subscriber
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out this model 105 tuner, I've downloaded the schematic and taken a look. I just cannot seem to figure out what is up with my stereo indicator. The light does not come on, even with a very strong stereo signal. I believe it is putting out stereo sound though.

Any thoughts? I noticed that the pin that is supposed to be for the indicator is always stuck at 0.56v I tried another chip from another unit and still had the same results, any ideas what could cause this?
 
Register to hide this ad
You might want to say why you don't think it's simply a burnt-out lamp, because that's conclusion that I would leap to.

If I were to assume that the lamp is OK, I'd ask what is the voltage on both terminals of the lamp. There is what looks like a single-purpose DC power supply for the lamp.

Cheers,

chazix
 
You might want to say why you don't think it's simply a burnt-out lamp, because that's conclusion that I would leap to.

If I were to assume that the lamp is OK, I'd ask what is the voltage on both terminals of the lamp. There is what looks like a single-purpose DC power supply for the lamp.

Cheers,

chazix

The reason why I was saying it wasn't a burnt out lamp was because that was the first thing I tested, both with a new lamp, and continuity testing on the old one.

Got it fixed though, wound up being a failed diode in the power supply for the stereo indicator, replaced the diode and it came right back to life.
 
Back
Top Bottom