• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

No tuner RDS on Kenwood KRF-V5050D receiver

SERGIObisont

New Member
Hello all.

My receiver is working perfectly, except one anoying thing: Tuner is working, I can tune stations and save them on memory.

But RDS is not working! there are no stations names or info. only the station frequency.

Also, when Im memorizing the stations, the memory button becomes iresponsive after about a minute..

But when I go on 'test mode', RDS is working perfectly and I can see station names... also, the memory button is always responsive (but does other strage stuff in test mode). Already did the reset to factory, but its the same..

I have seen somes threads about the memory super cap, and some capacitors on that area causing some problems on 'normal mode' when there are no problems in 'test mode'.

hope someone can help me

thank you
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello all.

My receiver is working perfectly, except one anoying thing: Tuner is working, I can tune stations and save them on memory.

But RDS is not working! there are no stations names or info. only the station frequency.

Also, when Im memorizing the stations, the memory button becomes iresponsive after about a minute..

But when I go on 'test mode', RDS is working perfectly and I can see station names... also, the memory button is always responsive (but does other strage stuff in test mode). Already did the reset to factory, but its the same..

I have seen somes threads about the memory super cap, and some capacitors on that area causing some problems on 'normal mode' when there are no problems in 'test mode'.

hope someone can help me

thank you
i have a rotel tuner that does rds, it has a button that allows you to cycle between what appears on the display. don't really know about your other issues. if the supercap were bad, it would not hold stations in memory for long if at all.
 
mine has a button to on the remote, but it says no rds. only frequency station number... but when I turn the amp on in 'diagnostic mode' its enabled and working...
 
i have a rotel tuner that does rds, it has a button that allows you to cycle between what appears on the display. don't really know about your other issues. if the supercap were bad, it would not hold stations in memory for long if at all.
I know the supercap is suposed to only save setting and stations, but in the forum I saw, the problem was some caps and the super cap beeing bad, did not allow the amp too make a 100% correct 'factory reset'
 
I know the supercap is suposed to only save setting and stations, but in the forum I saw, the problem was some caps and the super cap beeing bad, did not allow the amp too make a 100% correct 'factory reset'
recap it and see if the problems go away. that's what i'd do.
 
Back
Top Bottom