• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nobsound b100 tube or vintage Sansui 4000?

Steve White

New Member
So I have a Sansui 4000 classic and am trying a Chinese NobSound B100 tube amp From Amazo…

i‘m in my 60s, not perfect hearing, and by the time I switch out the speaker wiring, I‘m not sure I can tell a difference. ??? Wow

I’ve Klipsch Heresy II speakers so have the efficiency for either.

I like rock and opera and jazz music, if that matters.

Sansui seems to have more of a warm and dynamic robust sound.
NobSound seems to have better staging, separation Which I love too

Thoughts anyone?

thanks
steve
 
Register to hide this ad
I haven't heard either,just wanted to share my take away from reading your post.
Describing the Sansui you used 3 adjectives,describing the Nobsound you used only 2.
Sansui made in Japan probably? Nobsound made in China.
Almost everyone in this hobby has probably heard of Sansui. I've never heard of Nobsound and I bet there are many others who haven't.
Have a great weekend!
 
Japanese products was considered as S*** in the beginning of the Sansui era.
So now, welcome to the new S*** from China.
I would consider a good or great true tube amp better than any solid state amp.
But this model from Nobsound is called an Hybrid, so I don't know :dunno:
 
The X00 and X000 aren't considered "sh!$". Early cap-coupled, voiced to sound tube-like. The 45 wpc 4000 is a nice receiver.

20200107_162341.jpg
 
So I have a Sansui 4000 classic and am trying a Chinese NobSound B100 tube amp

Thoughts anyone?

You are comparing an old transistor amp ($380 - 1971) to a new transistor amp ($180 - 2023) with 6P16A? tubes in the preamp section, not a tube amp.
 
I see writings on picture of the tube that starts by 12 so maybe they are 12V heated , cannot read entirely.

Do this tube is made anymore, that's a point I always want to know, when I buy tube equipment.
1. Is the tube Still Manufactured ?
2. Manufactured Outside of China ?

Non-China New tubes becomes scarce.
 
Japanese products was considered as S*** in the beginning of the Sansui era.
That's probably the funniest comment I've read today.
I guess you missed the part in history where a big percentage of the vintage market revolves around Sansui,Pioneer and Marantz Japanese made products.
 
I see writings on picture of the tube that starts by 12 so maybe they are 12V heated , cannot read entirely.

12J1S tubes have been replaced by 6P16A.

Only references I can find for 6P16 tubes are typos for 6P15 used as output tubes. :rolleyes:
 
That's probably the funniest comment I've read today.
I guess you missed the part in history where a big percentage of the vintage market revolves around Sansui,Pioneer and Marantz Japanese made products.
Before they became famous, they were neglected, like some of today's China products.

That's the point I try to explain.
 
Before they became famous, they were neglected, like some of today's China products.

That's the point I try to explain.
I can agree with this comment,because this is usually true with just about any company when they first start until they make a name for themself with a good reputation.
 
The list:
TU-70
TU-999
TU-9500
TU-S9
T-60
CD-10 Crossover
AU-505
3*AU-9500
AU-11000A
Model 800 Receiver
Model 881 Receiver
 
Last edited:
I have a Nobsound hybrid amp in my kitchen system and it sounds quite good. Not quite as good as my Conrad Johnson hybrid amp, but definitely cheaper… :cool:

I get the reluctance to embrace some of this inexpensive ChiFi gear, but I’ve opened my mind to it and in many circumstance (I have found), they fit the circumstances well. My kitchen system for example.
 
12J1S tubes have been replaced by 6P16A.

Only references I can find for 6P16 tubes are typos for 6P15 used as output tubes. :rolleyes:
The following tubes should also fit, even though the post is already 1 year old, I hope it helps you and others with this problem,
= M8082 , EL91 , 6AM5 , CV136 (Military) , 6516 , N77 , 6P17 , 6PL12 , 7D9 , QA2402 , 6P17A, CV4063 best regards..bob12345
 
Back
Top Bottom