• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Noise in one of my Forte's

60/40

Member
Hello.

I was listening to a piano album tonight on my Forte's and noticed some noise in my right channel. I swapped the speakers around and the noise followed the speaker.

It's a light crackling in the highs.

Do you think this is in my crossover or the horn's?

I hope its in the crossover section, as I was thinking about buying a new set from Crites soon anyways.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Never heard a crossover cause crackle, but plenty of blown tweeters have. Swap the tweeters and see if it follows.
 
Perhaps the diaphragm was rubbing on the speaker frame and causing it, and moving it shifted it? Although, my KG4s have indexing pins to keep the diaphragms aligned, so I would image the Fortes have the same. Or maybe a little bit of corrosion on the terminals was causing some resistance? Who knows. Good to hear it's solved!

Mike
 
Back
Top Bottom