Been looking for speakers in a town without a large market, and was considering buying Polk Monitor40 II's from Newegg, when I found a man who appears to be something of a hoarder.
The more notable of his stock included:
Boston Acoustic CR6's and HD7's, (he wanted $100 for all four speakers).
Polk RT12's (wanted $150)
Also he had some Bose 601's (I didn't catch the series number) for $125,
some unidentifiable Peerless speakers, and a pair of Marantz Imperial 3's; and I think he would've kept going if I didn't start winding down the conversation.
I want some speakers for LP/CD listening in my medium sized bedroom; I have a NAD 7030. And as far as I know everything is in great condition--I'll see and hear them before I buy them of course.
I think this is still a Dollar and Sense post since the most basic answer which can be given is "yes, those are worth that," or "no..." Thanks.
The more notable of his stock included:
Boston Acoustic CR6's and HD7's, (he wanted $100 for all four speakers).
Polk RT12's (wanted $150)
Also he had some Bose 601's (I didn't catch the series number) for $125,
some unidentifiable Peerless speakers, and a pair of Marantz Imperial 3's; and I think he would've kept going if I didn't start winding down the conversation.
I want some speakers for LP/CD listening in my medium sized bedroom; I have a NAD 7030. And as far as I know everything is in great condition--I'll see and hear them before I buy them of course.
I think this is still a Dollar and Sense post since the most basic answer which can be given is "yes, those are worth that," or "no..." Thanks.
Last edited: