• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Not mine, but a steal in the DC area. Altecs

Register to hide this ad
I dunno, those are just plain old ordinary cone speakers, nothing special. Maybe worth 20 bucks but not on account of their Altecness.
 
Tom Brennan said:
I dunno, those are just plain old ordinary cone speakers, nothing special. Maybe worth 20 bucks but not on account of their Altecness.

hhhmm.. really? I know the older ones even that small had a really great sound.. at least the ones I've heard... eh. I was just passing them on in case someone had an interest.
 
I have two pair of those and though they don't look like much they are great sounding speakers. I bought my first pair to go with my SX-1280 back in 1980 or 1979 and they loved all the power and really held up. I have another paired up with my Concept 5.5 right now and they sound great too. They are from the Altec Series one series and are the Model One, however my grills are black. These may be a bit newer. They are worth every penny of their price.
 
Back
Top Bottom