• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Now you CAN refoam your minimus-77 speakers. Here's how....

<I've been thinking that I'd like to use a clear rubbery type of glue that I've found on some speakers, rather than the white glue type that dries hard like Aleen's Tacky Glue which I and many others use.>

Actually, Aleen's Tacky Glue is clear when dry.

I know, I've used it on a couple dozen woofers. It's not rubbery at all though, it dries like white glue although perhaps slightly more flexible than Elmers. Can you imagine trying to remove that? I'm looking for rubber cement that can be peeled off in 20 years.
 
The grills are only heald in place with bits of putty. If you're scared of scratching the paint, then using a dental look near the corners will get them off without damage.

THANKS got em off. Mine are black and maybe older (?) "Optimus" Pro 77s, they look just like your Minimus 77 in the pic, and had beads about 2" long of a black gooey tar-like stuff on the sides holding the grills on. Got started with a scribe-hook tool, and a plastic knife, and slowly pulled as the tar putty stuff let go of the grill.
 
Back
Top Bottom