• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NS-1000 with unique tweeter upgrade

Register to hide this ad
I am guessing they were blown. Still a bad replacement choice....and overpriced big time to boot.
 
Agreed. The tweeters are a bit fragile in those. I have a buddy who keeps blowing his NS-1000 tweeters. He doesn't like working on gear so I always change them out for him. Happens about once a year. What a PITA. Nice sounding speakers though.
 
Anyone routinely blowing NS-1000 tweeters needs to get a better amp that won't clip when pushed and keep the spl's under 98 db's. The NS-1000 is not a "sound reinforcement" speaker and considerably more fragile than your standard JBL or Infinity. The JA-0513 tweeter is delicate and easily overheated when abused..:yes: I've found that my best speakers will not tolerate abuse, even with 700 wpc of clean power.:D
 
Hopefully, the mounting wasn't altered and these speakers cane be put right with the correct tweeter. Not worth the opening price, IMO.
 
Back
Top Bottom