• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

NS-1000's in Tulsa

Register to hide this ad
Difference between the NS-1000M (monitor) and NS-1000 is about 17 pounds per speaker and 2" in width and height. But, the funniest part is that he is selling a pair of right-channel speakers. Both the NS-1000M and the NS-1000 were sold in stereo pairs. The drivers are located close to the right edge on the left-channel speaker and left edge of the right-channel speaker. His are identical. :thumbsdn:

I dropped the seller a note on same. Wonder if he will modify his listing.
 
Yamaha B-2 said:
The drivers are located close to the right edge on the left-channel speaker and left edge of the right-channel speaker.

Yeah, mirrored.

Potentially the most dramatic difference is the ultra-expensive macassar ebony cabinets.
 
Brudha said:
Potentially the most dramatic difference is the ultra-expensive macassar ebony cabinets.
There was almost a $1000 difference in price between the NS-1000M with its smaller, flat black cabinet and the larger ebony NS-1000 cabinet. I do prefer the ebony finish. But, mostly I prefer the sound of the NS-1000. It is definitely much smoother from top to bottom and simply a more relaxed speaker to listen to for my ears. And, I listen to mine backwards. :D Have the drivers to the outside on both speakers. They image better in my listening space like that.
 
Yamaha B-2 said:
There was almost a $1000 difference in price between the NS-1000M with its smaller, flat black cabinet and the larger ebony NS-1000 cabinet. I do prefer the ebony finish. But, mostly I prefer the sound of the NS-1000. It is definitely much smoother from top to bottom and simply a more relaxed speaker to listen to for my ears. And, I listen to mine backwards. :D Have the drivers to the outside on both speakers. They image better in my listening space like that.

Hey,

Which of these stands do you recommend for the Yammies?

12" Daytons


18" Daytons
 
I use the 12" and am happy with them until I can get the original Yamaha knock-off stands built. I think the 18" would be too high/wobbly. The 12" models put the tweeters at pretty much ear-level when seated.
 
Yamaha B-2 said:
I listen to mine backwards. :D Have the drivers to the outside on both speakers. They image better in my listening space like that.

umm interesting. My 590s are designated to have the drivers on the outside.
 
MitsuMan said:
Educate me. :thmbsp:
The NS-1000 ebony cabinets sure are beautiful! According to the Yamaha literature I've read, the NS-1000/1000M's are otherwise identical. Yamaha makes no distinction between them acoustically that I have found. Either way, they are an awesome speaker.:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom