• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Offering items to Japan - Marketplace Venue Wanted

ARRAY

Super Member
I've got some audio items to sell to the Japanese market (I know that's where these are desired most). I can't do Yahoo! auctions Japan for obvious language reasons.

There has to be a few online options other than OiVey and Yahoo! Japan where audio equipment can be sold, and yet be visible by the market segment who'd actually be interested in purchasing. I think this topic may have been covered before once or twice but good luck finding those threads. My ears are on for any input...
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Japanese bidders will bid on the US eBay site, Just be clear you are open to international bidders... Related experience, I recently sold something to a bidder, they gave no indication they were from overseas. I shipped the item to a US location, and they must have had it forwarded from there. I was not made aware of the final destination until after the item had shipped. I would have preferred that I ship it to the final destination directly so that shipping insurance and any potential problems could have been addressed more cleanly. I was pretty nervous about the whole deal, but fortunately it worked out well enough. I guess the moral is that Japanese bidders make their way into the American market, and most sellers probably never even know.
 
yep
lots of US buyers are forwarders. I've had a couple buyers in just the last month that were moving the items on. Asians are buying up vintage gear at a frantic pace!
 
One issue with those kind of deals is that even after repeat e mails the buyer does not respond and also does not leave any feedback. YMMV
 
Japanese bidders will bid on the US eBay site, Just be clear you are open to international bidders... Related experience, I recently sold something to a bidder, they gave no indication they were from overseas. I shipped the item to a US location, and they must have had it forwarded from there. I was not made aware of the final destination until after the item had shipped. I would have preferred that I ship it to the final destination directly so that shipping insurance and any potential problems could have been addressed more cleanly. I was pretty nervous about the whole deal, but fortunately it worked out well enough. I guess the moral is that Japanese bidders make their way into the American market, and most sellers probably never even know.

Alot of the Japanese buyers will have the items shipped to a warehouse in the states, which is a Paypal confirmed address. Then the items are shipped on to Japan. Once the item arrives at the confirmed Paypal address, you're off the hook if anything happens to it on the way to Japan.
 
Just put it on the US eBay site and clearly state that you'll ship to Japan. They'll find it, trust me.
 
Back
Top Bottom