• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ok, i'm sick of hearing who thinks what speaker is best-lets have a pole

The top poll

Good Lord, youz guys is demented.

In a poll of poles, this one always comes out on top: THE Pole

Did that clear it up for everybody?
 
Njord Noatun said:
OK - let's!

Rgds,

PS! Thanks for the laugh, guys - best one I've had in a while!
Edit: I know, this is getting worse and worse - but how about this guy?

Hmmm. I think that speaker has a dead Pole, but I'm sure it can be brought back to life. :yes:
 
I vote that we convert this whole affair into a pole pool. Everyone kicks in 2 bucks and whoever's pole gets the most votes wins the whole shebang!
 
The pole with the penguins. No wait, I changed my mind. The one with the white cuddly bears.

I'll get back to you when I firm up my decision.
 
grumpy said:
One vote for the second Mike

Yah, I second that vote! Which reminds me, it's been long (too long) since I've made the trek to Niagara Falls, Canada to see the 'sights' and the 'natural wonders' there. :smsex:
 
I just saw the post for the $13,500 yamaha speakers. I know there are lots of people in this country who have essentially unlimited resources, so it's kind of silly to compare the boundlessly wealthy who can go out and buy state-of-the-science gear with the rest of us who are scouring thrift stores and garage and estate sales for $25 scores that we can fix up and enjoy. I understand my girlfriend's pet phrase "there may not be better, but there is more expensive." But the reality is, there's usually a reason a Ferrari Testarossa costs a bozillion times more than a Ford Taurus. I think a poll is a fine idea, but it would really need to have price ranges to mean anything. I had a dandy pair of advents that I gave to a friend and his wife who made my life survivable when I showed up in a new town, but I don't think they compare with either pair of polks, the KEFs, the pioneers, the Klipsch I have...
 
Back
Top Bottom