• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

OLA finish?

mibag6

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I just refoamed a pair of OLAs which are in pretty decent shape overall but the previous owner scratched his DL# and address on to the back panel of the speakers. These are pretty light scratches and I'm not likely to go to a lot of effort to sand out the damage but I would like to color them in so they are a little less pronounced. So, if someone knows what was used to finish the backsides of these or can recommend a suitable substiute I would appreciate it.
These are the walnut veneer cabinets with the beveled front edge.
TIA
 
Register to hide this ad
It varies a bit but the backs are basically a flat dark brown paint or opaque stain. Some have more of a semi-transparent stain because you can see the particle board behind the stain.

Doug
 
I'd start with magic markers or crayons that might match. Other than that you could match the paint and repaint the entire backside. Or, put them close to the wall and forget about it.
 
There is a product made for just this thing. It's called Fill Stick made by Varathane (Rust-Oleum). It comes in a variety of colors, looks like a giant color crayon. Kind of waxy so you might want to clear varnish over it when done. I use it to remove light scratches.
 
Back
Top Bottom