• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Old Ads, any & all old Ads are welcome here.

Greg B.

AK Donor
Sports Illustrated just put scanned images of every page of every issue they ever published online:

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

I was browsing it and just as interesting as the old aricles are the ads. Lots of stuff from Pioneer, Panasonic, Zenith, etc. I saw an ad for a Panasonic "merry go round" cassette deck from the late 70s that was an amazing thing, one I had never seen before, with the cassettes standing on edge in a magazine that was wheel shaped. Wild.

Unfortunately the images are in Flash format and I have not yet figured out how to download one.
 
Register to hide this ad
Cool site. There's always a way to get an image, maybe not Kosher from that site though? Let me know and I'll get rid of it if it isn't allowed...
CherylT.jpg
 
Lordy! That takes me back...

Did you capture that from SI? Mind if I ask how?

Yeah, she was/is one gorgeous lady...!

Hold down Ctrl, hit Print Scrn, and it's in your clipboard.

In Corel Photo Paint, I can go File|New from Clipboard. I suspect that most better image manipulation software can do that, although they may call it something else.
 
Back
Top Bottom