• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Old newbie with Marantz 2270

Keep the Marantz paired with the C-50's, or switch to the entire new system?

  • Keep the Marantz

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do the full switch to the P7 / McIntosh preamp

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the Marantz as the preamp and use the P7 as an amp

    Votes: 1 100.0%

  • Total voters
    1

DCRand

New Member
So, 10 or so years ago my Dad, now 83, gave me his Marantz 2270 (yes I love my dad) which I have lovingly used, and did an LED light upgrade for ever since. Had paired it with Energy Connoisseur Series C-5 tower speakers. Also ran my Akai X 1810D reel to reel and vintage Pioneer turntable through the Marantz. As well as more pedestrian CD and Cassette players. Well, the reason I joined this site, and why I will post questions elsewhere in the forums is good old Dad, who I still love, just decided to give up audio as he is almost deaf. So gave me the Marantz replacement system which includes: A Nakamichi PA7 Amp, McIntosh C30 preamp, NAD 4155 tuner, JBL C50 speakers (in need of re-foaming) and at the moment hooked to the Marantz, 2 JVC XL-MC222 CD changers, and even a Pioneer CLD-1090 laser disc player. So as you can imagine, this 60 year old not true audio buff, is a little perplexed about what to do because frankly I love the Marantz. See you in the forums where I can ask questions about all of this.
 

Attachments

  • 2017-04-08 10.08.43.jpg
    2017-04-08 10.08.43.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2017-04-08 10.10.23.jpg
    2017-04-08 10.10.23.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2017-04-08 10.12.47.jpg
    2017-04-08 10.12.47.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 12
Register to hide this ad
I won't be of much help, but I'm envious of that receiver. I inheritated a console stereo from my dad, an RCA MX-810. A far cry from what you've been bestowed! I'm looking forward to reading AK members' responses to this thread.
 
Well, this is the introductions thread so for the time being I'll just say - Welcome to AK!
 
Thank you ETLS, and for all who commented. For the moment I have settled on using the Marantz for a preamp / tuner for the PA 7 amp, with the CL50 speakers (re-foam kit arrived today and gluing them on tonight, glue drying while I type this), with one of the CD jukebox changers, my old Akai reel to reel, and Pioneer turntable. Going to let my old cassette deck and cassette collection go, along with one of the CD players, and the laser disc. Will keep the McIntosh preamp, and the tuner for now in storage.
 
Back
Top Bottom