ablethevoice
boatanchors rule!
I can't recall if I've ever asked this question here. If I have, just tell this old fart (me!) to do a search next time...
This post is a tangential spin off of capnryno's thread on how best to clean acetate.
Several months ago, I ran across a website where someone had acquired a number of acetate recordings and had transferred some of them to mp3 where they were made available for anyone to listen to. The site further mentioned (but did provide any mp3s for) old shortwave bandscans done on unspecified equipment back as far as the 1930s. Does anyone here know if there is a site which has any such really old scans of shortwave?
I wish I had kept better care of the old (and really cheap) cassettes I did many bandscans of SW in the 70's. I recall what they sound like (more or less, anyway), but I'd really like to hear a sample of what the shortwave world was like before I was born.
This post is a tangential spin off of capnryno's thread on how best to clean acetate.
Several months ago, I ran across a website where someone had acquired a number of acetate recordings and had transferred some of them to mp3 where they were made available for anyone to listen to. The site further mentioned (but did provide any mp3s for) old shortwave bandscans done on unspecified equipment back as far as the 1930s. Does anyone here know if there is a site which has any such really old scans of shortwave?
I wish I had kept better care of the old (and really cheap) cassettes I did many bandscans of SW in the 70's. I recall what they sound like (more or less, anyway), but I'd really like to hear a sample of what the shortwave world was like before I was born.