• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Olson Phono Preamp Model AM-220

captainclock

Pacifist Otaku
Hello everyone today I was given a vintage Olson Mono Tube Powered Phono Preamp Model AM-220 and its in really good shape, just wanted to see what your opinions were on this unit as I might use this on one of my old radios to hook up a magnetic pickup record player and get the warm tube sound out of my records while getting the durability of the magnetic cartridge. :yes: :scratch2: :music:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2550.jpg
    DSCN2550.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 58
Register to hide this ad
Appears to have been mod'ed as a magnetic mic or guitar pickup preamp.
Mono only, I have a couple by Calrad somewhere. Recapping will restore operation in all likelihood.
Good to use with a mag cart like a Shure M44 wired for mono.


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Appears to have been mod'ed as a magnetic mic or guitar pickup preamp.
Mono only, I have a couple by Calrad somewhere. Recapping will restore operation in all likelihood.
Good to use with a mag cart like a Shure M44 wired for mono.


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Good to know. :yes:

I might be able to use it with one of my older record players that's currently ceramic cartridge equipped and mod it for magnetic cartidge like my old Magnavox console. :)
 
Circuit may the same as half the stereo version below:
 

Attachments

  • OLSON AM-221.jpg
    OLSON AM-221.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom