• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

OLSON VINTAGE SPEAKERS.. ULTIMA S-777 3WAY

Check out my thread in the Speakers section
A rare pair of Quatre 8000 series 1
Neither serial numbered was told they were part of the protype program for the Series 2
 
One word
Disappointing
Muddy, flat. If you come across a pair, pass on them

Thanks for the feedback a pair just showed up locally so was wondering if worth my time. Seems most of the Olson speakers are not that great from what I have read over the years.
 
IMO
The weak link was the dividing network
Cheaply done. Junk
Woofers do have aluminum baskets and HUGE alnico,s
Tweeters were a joke
 
Hi, I'm Megan. I'm the daughter of the founder and builder of Quatre, Guy Hickey, I was curious about fans of his amazing audio equipment and found this forum on a Google Search. I may have some of his old spec sheets somewhere if anyone needs copies. So glad to hear folks recognize how rad Quatre was. He was the ultimate audiophile geek and I'm definitely one and the same.
 
Hi Megan
I happen to own a pair Quatre speakers. The early 8000
I did a restore on a pair and can be found in the section "Speakers"
Type in Quatre 8000 in the search bar of that section and read about it.
Only pair I never thought about selling
Rex
 
Hi, I'm Megan. I'm the daughter of the founder and builder of Quatre, Guy Hickey, I was curious about fans of his amazing audio equipment and found this forum on a Google Search. I may have some of his old spec sheets somewhere if anyone needs copies. So glad to hear folks recognize how rad Quatre was. He was the ultimate audiophile geek and I'm definitely one and the same.
Thanks and welcome to AK! I second that awesomeness!
I own a pair of Quatre DG-250 amps and would love to know if you have any original spec sheets available.
 
thanks, all! I'm also trying to hunt down stories of folks who worked with my father at Quatre. I have found someone on another forum who mentioned working for him. I was just a child when he had the business and he passed away about 7 years ago. He never really spoke about Quatre though it was an enormous part of my childhood-adolescence. I'm trying to gather a larger picture of him, I guess. For example, I never knew he sold the business or had a poor review about a piece of equipment (that ended his business) until I read something on another audiophile thread. It's fascinating.
 
For what it’s worth....
The speakers I own are extremely well made.
8” monitors that weigh 50 pounds each.
I believe the gentleman that I got them from knew your father
 
Thanks, I appreciate hearing that. It was his one and only passion. I think you're talking about the "Meg." I've always had a pair of those and have always loved the richness of their sound. Records sound so tinny on anything else. If you run across the man who sold you them, I'd love to know more. It's weird, now in relatively middle age and a mom, I'm super curious about him. He was a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
 
Back
Top Bottom