• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

OMG! The Nakamichi Dragon CT on the Bay!!!

Register to hide this ad
Good luck ever getting it fixed if it breaks. For that kind of coin I'd be taking a hard look at VPI. I have an original VPI Aries tweaked hard with SDS controller, and parts are just that easy to get, but with VPI you don't need much more than a new belt every few years.

If you've GOT to have that Dragon table, that's great.....however it can easily become a 4 digit doorstop!

Paul
 
I'd rather have a Dragon tape deck, but not for that kind of coinage. I don't make that in a month.
 
I've seen them go for over 4K. This one had a plastic platter instead of the original glass, a homemade ugly dustcover and shipping damage. Not exactly a collector's dream.
 
For future reference:
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Untitled 40.jpg
    Untitled 40.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 222
Here's mine in action as we speak!

I would never sell mine. I misplaced my center weight and would love to find another.
 

Attachments

  • 2011-01-21_15-58-06_427.jpg
    2011-01-21_15-58-06_427.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 33
I'm in email contact with that guy. He has lots of really nice vintage Nak from his wife's dead ex-husband. I told him if wants what it's worth he needs a better description and lots of high quality pics. The TX-1000 is awesome to behold in the flesh.
 
I tried to buy that TX-1000 but gave up at $7K. It went for a little more than that, which is a lot cheaper than the last one went for, probably because the guy had zero feedback. I don't real need two centering turntables, bu I got caught up in auction fever.
 
Back
Top Bottom