• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

On-board video: Home-built airplane engine quits in flight - ugly words bleeped out !

Register to hide this ad
holy ****! that was intense really... i thought they were gonna eat it so hard... geese. That is why I will NEVER fly a plane in my life. IMO
 
He looked like he was a pretty experienced pilot. He made a really nice smooth landing on that highway without hitting anything!
 
Wow thats a pilots worst nightmare at those low altitudes! He did a great job of getting her down safely!
 
Very good pilot. Although that must have been terrifying. :yes:

I have flown small aircraft and they are relatively easy to fly, once you are in the air with nothing around. Take off and especially landings, are a lot more difficult.
 
any landing you walk away from is a good one...

I've flown exclusively in small aircraft including a number of home built models since I was 3 years old, since my dad was a pilot, and later an instructor and A/P, most small planes have decent glide ratios and land without power safely all the time, the problems usually come from the landing area.

I've have landed in a bean field in a homebuilt BD4 without power, no problems until the nose wheel hit a soft spot and we almost nosed over, but we all walked away without a scratch, fixed the plane and flew it for years.

We landed on highway 20 by Moorland once too, got it restarted and the state patrol held traffic and we took off and flew back to the airport.

The BD4 in particular made an excellent glider, very high glide ratio.

I won't hesitate to get in a single engine aircraft if i know the pilot, and being "Loran's boy" gives me lot's of chances. The day my father died, his best friend took me and my wife up in one of my dad's planes, flew around in the clouds for the longest time, had to be the most experience of my life, I could feel my father up there with us and we weren't sad for awhile.
 
any landing you walk away from is a good one...

I've flown exclusively in small aircraft including a number of home built models since I was 3 years old, since my dad was a pilot, and later an instructor and A/P, most small planes have decent glide ratios and land without power safely all the time, the problems usually come from the landing area.

I've have landed in a bean field in a homebuilt BD4 without power, no problems until the nose wheel hit a soft spot and we almost nosed over, but we all walked away without a scratch, fixed the plane and flew it for years.

We landed on highway 20 by Moorland once too, got it restarted and the state patrol held traffic and we took off and flew back to the airport.

The BD4 in particular made an excellent glider, very high glide ratio.

I won't hesitate to get in a single engine aircraft if i know the pilot, and being "Loran's boy" gives me lot's of chances. The day my father died, his best friend took me and my wife up in one of my dad's planes, flew around in the clouds for the longest time, had to be the most experience of my life, I could feel my father up there with us and we weren't sad for awhile.

Great stories. Thanks.

Denny
 
I have a good friend(also the local powertoy dealer) who's back is just now healing nicely from a very similar situation last fall with a less happy ending. Instead of a highway, he had rocks and trees to set down on.
 
Back
Top Bottom