• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

On eBay FYI

Register to hide this ad
e2e4c7c5 said:
a question

Did Pioneer ever make a black-face SX-1080???

SX-5580

Thats the one. . . I have had two of these and 2 of the 1250 version whos number escapes me. . .
 
Pioneer never build a black version of the SX-980 or SX-1080 or SX-1280 or SX-1980*, never!

SX-5580 is the black version of SX-1050* !
SX-5570 was the black Version of my SX-950, I sold both :sigh:
SX-5590 was the black version of SX-1250, "agger" has one :thmbsp:

SX-580 in black = SX-590
SX-680 in black = SX-690*
SX-780* in black = SX-790
SX-880* in Black = SX-890
End of the line ------------ :yes:

* Recievers I have
 
Last edited:
My SX-5570:

IM002505.jpg
 
Man that SX-5580 gives me needs.. :( :D To bad it´s half way around the world... But I WILL find a SX-980 or higher in sweden soon.. Got a feeling I will ;)
 
Yes, i have a beautiful SX-5590! Better han the SX-5580 is, that the heatsinks are at the outside and get better cooling if you drive it hard. :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
I have a SX-590, it is a SX-580 with a black dial. Sorry no picture, digital camera for Christmas !!!!!! lol

I was told these were sold on military bases over seas, no sure if that is correct or not.
 
I still have my 5580....it was one of my first "scores" at a G-sale.It is in real nice shape.I don't think I will be parting with it anytime soon.There is a pic of mine in the Pioneer photo gallery.Those black face euro versions are very eye pleasing!

The 5580 on ebay I think is a fellow AK'er auction.Looks great!
 
gyusher said:
Thats the one. . . I have had two of these and 2 of the 1250 version whos number escapes me. . .

Hi gyusher,

I have one the SX-5590s that you had via Devo391!!

She's a beauty!! :yes:
 
e2e4c7c5 said:
Hi gyusher,

I have one the SX-5590s that you had via Devo391!!

She's a beauty!! :yes:

Small world ain't it. . . I have sold too many very nice Pioneer receivers. . .Way too many.

I have had way too many to count. I miss the SA-9100 too, I had over 30 of those rascalls. You might think I would keep the best ones. . .LOL. . .
 
Back
Top Bottom