• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

On / Off / Volume Knob

Mark Davis

Active Member
Ok on my on the new estate sale Fisher 400 Serial # 34129S.

I have noticed the volume knob is different from my 1st Early 400 Serial # 15350E.

I thought it might have been replaced as the little notch/tab on the on off knob lined up at 1:00 in the off position instead of 7:00.

I would like the notch/tab to be at 7:00 like it is supposed to be

The knob can only go one way unless I am a idiot.

I have not tried rotating the whole knob. I am wondering if the wires will reach or if rotated the tabs will short to the chassis.

Has anyone seen this type of switch with the long wire connections? I assume it is a replacement, I don't know if it works as I am waiting on new can caps from Hayseed.

I know that the on off switch is notorious for failure. Has anyone found a solution for a replacement?
20240306_203158.jpg20240306_203219.jpg20240306_203341.jpg20240306_203348.jpg


Thanks in Advance20240306_203331.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
The brown base of the knob is where the tab is and the brass cap with the mark lines up with that. So the tab on the base was at 1:00. And the line on the brass cap was at 4:00. They couldn't even get the brass cap glued on right. I have removed it and glued it on correctly.
 
Ok on my on the new estate sale Fisher 400 Serial # 34129S.

I have noticed the volume knob is different from my 1st Early 400 Serial # 15350E.

I thought it might have been replaced as the little notch/tab on the on off knob lined up at 1:00 in the off position instead of 7:00.

I would like the notch/tab to be at 7:00 like it is supposed to be

The knob can only go one way unless I am a idiot.

I have not tried rotating the whole knob. I am wondering if the wires will reach or if rotated the tabs will short to the chassis.

Has anyone seen this type of switch with the long wire connections? I assume it is a replacement, I don't know if it works as I am waiting on new can caps from Hayseed.

I know that the on off switch is notorious for failure. Has anyone found a solution for a replacement?
View attachment 3140845View attachment 3140846View attachment 3140847View attachment 3140848


Thanks in AdvanceView attachment 3140844
Hello

Check this thread to have a trouble free switch in your amp. I did it in mine more that 10 years ago.

Hope this helps.

Luis
 
Back
Top Bottom