• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Onkyo A-10 & A-7090 - Headphone OHMS

PTL-Pioneer

Super Member
Hi all

Looking at some 250ohm headphones to use with Onkyo A-10 and Onkyo A-7090.
Do you know if they provide the required "juice" to power a pair of headphones like this?
Do not want to buy a headphone amp or anything like that, i would like to use the headphone jack on the amps only.

I am not clear on how these things work, especially with headphones,thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm guessing you're looking at some 880s. Actually the higher impedance of the phones is a good thing since most receiver headphone output impedances are high. There will less alteration to the frequency response with the 250 Ohm phones. I don't know anything specific about the Onkyos, but they will probably drive the 880s just fine unless the receiver has a separate headphone output stage built around one of those low voltage opamps. High Z headphones work best with a decent output voltage swing and most of the older receivers had that.

Good luck
 
Back
Top Bottom