• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Onkyo A5 vs TX-4500

KingJT

Well-Known Member
Good morning!

I have an Onkyo A5 that I love but I'd like to get something a little more visually appealling for the living room set-up.
I have the chance at an Onkyo TX-4500 and was wondering how they compare soundwise, build quality, ease of repair etc.

Thanks!

Mike
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a 4500 MkII. I haven't used it in a few years, but I remember the signature sound as smooth and silky, clear and not overly warm.Quite nice actually. I just don't have a cabinet wide enough for it or I'd be putting it in my rotation. Build quality is great, but mine has a few LEDs out and these are not the easiest to replace.
 
Back
Top Bottom